Get a FREE* legal consultation (717) 275-9770

Resources After a Motor Vehicle Accident in New Bloomfield

20 Mar 2021, by Christian Lautenschleger in Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury
Ambulance with emergency lights driving down road image

Written by Timothy Czekaj

There are many resources in the area to help motor vehicle accident victims. What you need will depend on your injury, its severity, and how it’s impacted your life. If you need help, ask for it. Living independently is something we all want, but help may be needed to make that possible.

One of the most essential resources you need is legal representation. Attorney Timothy Czekaj helps motor vehicle accident victims get their lives back. He will deal with the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve for your injury and the medical care you need.

His office can be reached (717) 275-9770 or use our online contact form.

Getting Medical Care in New Bloomfield

If you’re involved in a vehicle accident and suffer a severe injury, you’ll probably leave the scene in an ambulance. You will likely go to the nearest hospital with an emergency department unless you can tell them to go elsewhere. You may end up at Geisinger Hospital Lewiston, UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg, or Hershey Medical Center.

No matter where you go, if you’re conscious, be as cooperative as possible. If you’re told you should be treated a certain way for your injury – such as an operation – ask about the benefits and risks so you can make an educated decision. But think very hard before you say no. If you’re offered reasonable treatment, you refuse, and your condition worsens, the insurance company will blame you due to your decision.

Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation

Depending on your injury, rehabilitation services may be next. Many facilities offer physical and occupational therapy. If you are seriously injured and can’t be released back home, you might go next to Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital or the Helen Simpson Rehabilitation Center. They may help you recover your ability to do basic things like walk, use stairs, get in and out of a car, or feed yourself.

You should have more control over where you go for rehab than when you were in an ambulance on your way to the nearest hospital. How should you choose? What questions should you ask? Here are some suggestions from:

Emotional and Psychiatric Help

In addition to the accident’s physical impact, you may also suffer emotionally or psychologically due to your injuries. If physical injuries are severe and life-long, you may have disabilities you never imagined yourself having to cope with. It can affect your self-esteem, your marriage, relationships with family and friends, and your career. You may need help from mental health professionals so you can adjust and make the most of your life. If so, we can suggest some resources that have helped other clients in the past.

What To Do if You’re Too Injured To Return To Work

If you are too physically or mentally limited to return to your former job, you may or may not be totally disabled. If your case is strong enough, either through a settlement or jury verdict, you should be compensated for the future income you’ll miss in either situation.

You’ll need to mitigate your damages – take reasonable steps to lessen the financial harm you suffer – like file a claim on a private disability insurance policy you have or file for Social Security Disability benefits.

Take the Next Step. Contact Czekaj Law, LLC

If you are injured in a motor vehicle crash and wondering what to do next, Timothy Czekaj is here for you. If someone else caused the accident, Czekaj Law, LLC, can fight to protect your rights to compensation for the harm you suffered.

We represent accident victims in Perry, Juniata, Cumberland, Mifflin, Dauphin, Franklin, Snyder, Union, Northumberland, Huntington, and York Counties. Call us at (717) 275-9770, email us at, or fill out our online form to schedule your free initial consultation.

Connect With Us